How To Give CBD To Your Dog.
April 20, 2021
Figuring out the perfect CBD dose for your dog can be challenging. Some companies do not even have a dedicated website to help you understand the product, let alone the dosage. Plus, dosing guidelines can vary widely depending on the concentration of CBD in each product, your dog’s weight, overall health, and the condition you are trying to treat.
To complicate matters even more, the government does not regulate CBD dosing, and there are no standard guidelines. So, how do you know how much CBD to give your dog? And, if you do come up with an accurate dose, how do you get your dog to actually take it? In this post, we will explore the benefits of CBD Products, how to determine the correct dosage, and how to get your dog to take it.
What Is CBD & How Does It Work Within Your Dog’s Body? Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of several compounds called cannabinoids found within plants of the Cannabis family, including hemp and marijuana. CBD is not to be confused with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the cannabinoid responsible for marijuana’s signature “high.” Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychotropic and safe for dogs and cats.
CBD extract is most commonly blended into an oil or tincture such as Xon Relief™ Premium CBD Oil. In addition to being 100% THC-free, Cannanine CBD oil is made using nano-sized emulsion, which leads to superior absorption by your dog.
When your pup takes a high-quality CBD product like Cannanine, it interacts with a group of specialized receptors throughout their brain, nervous system, glands, and organs. Known as the endocannabinoid system (ECS), these receptors are involved in various physiological processes, including immunity, pain regulation, sleep, mood, and appetite. CBD interacts with these receptors to restore balance and promote homeostasis throughout the body.
What Are The Benefits Of CBD For Dogs?
Relieves situational stress & chronic anxiety
Reduces chronic inflammation
Alleviates joint pain
Minimizes allergy symptoms
Supports digestive health
Improves appetite & reduces nausea
How To Give CBD Oil To Your Dog: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What dose of CBD should I give my dog? When determining the perfect dosage of CBD for dogs, there are 3 major factors to consider:
The potency of CBD in the oil or treat
Your dog’s size and weight
The ailment you’re treating
Before starting a CBD regimen (or any new treatment), you should also:
Consult your veterinarian.
Consider your dog’s overall health to help determine how they will react to CBD.
Find a high-quality CBD oil with a Certificate of Analysis (COA) showing it is free of THC and potential toxins.
Choose the correct CBD for your dog’s size and health. Xon Releif comes in 300mg
Cannanine CBD Dosing Guide For Dogs: 2. Can My Dog Take CBD With Their Existing Meds? Because every pet’s situation is unique, we’d recommend discussing CBD administration with your veterinarian if your pet is already taking prescription medications.
3. How Long After Giving CBD To My Dog Will I See Results? On average, it takes about 30 minutes to notice the therapeutic effects of CBD. The key to dosing is finding a balance where the dog reaps all the benefits without experiencing any side effects. If your dog starts to show signs of a negative reaction, reduce the dosage. It might also be necessary to increase the dose over time to maintain the same positive effects. If changes to the dosage need to happen, make them slowly and gradually to give your dog’s body time to adjust.
4. I’m Not Seeing Any Results. What Should I Do? Since each dog is an individual, their reactions to CBD may differ. While some pups feel the effects right away, others may need tweaks to their dosage to enjoy the full benefits CBD has to offer.
Keep in mind that it can take up to four weeks to see optimal results. If after that time, you still feel it is not working, increase the dose slowly until you reach the desired result. If you are only giving CBD once a day, you can also try increasing it to a twice-daily dose. If you are giving CBD to treat anxiety due to a specific event, give the dose 30 minutes prior to the expected stressor. For example, 30 minutes before a storm, scheduled fireworks, or a trip to the vet.
5. Can Dogs Overdose On CBD?
Fortunately, it is extremely difficult to give a large enough dose of CBD to seriously harm an animal. Unlike THC, the toxicity of CBD is negligible. With that said, you should always start slowly when introducing any new supplement to your dog’s diet.
6. How Should I Store My Cannanine CBD Oil Or Treats? Healthline.com recommends keeping CBD oil in its original packaging to prevent unnecessary exposure to air. They suggest storing it at room temperature (which is typically around 60 to 70°F), in a dark place such as a pantry, cupboard, or closet. Since CBD treats are made with CBD oil, store them in a similar fashion. How To Get Your Dog To Take CBD Oil Now that you know how to dose Cannanine CBD oil properly, how will you get your dog to take it? Unlike a pill, you can’t just wrap it in cheese and call it a day. Luckily, it is easier than you might expect. Here are the top 5 ways to give CBD oil to a dog:
Apply it directly to the inside of your dog’s mouth.
Put it on a porous treat and allow the liquid to absorb.
Mix it into something tasty like meat-flavored baby food or xylitol-free peanut butter.
Mix into canned dog food.
Make your own CBD Dog Treats
What About CBD Treats For Dogs? While CBD oils are easy and convenient for some, the mild odor and flavor may be a turnoff for picky pups. If your dog falls into this category, try delicious Xon Relief, it's Bacon Flavor CBD. Cannanine dog treats should be given twice daily or as recommended by your veterinarian. In general, one soft chew for every 30 pounds of body weight is ideal. However, you can provide more or less depending on how your dog responds.
How Long Do CBD Dog Treats Take To Work? Liquid CBD absorbs into the bloodstream faster than treats which must pass through the stomach first. This means treats also take longer to work. CBD oil is at its peak effect within 20 – 60 minutes, while the treats are on the high end of that range. If you are using CBD treats for stressful situations such as storms, car rides, or trips to the vet, give them to your dog an hour before the event.
CBD Oil vs. CBD Dog Treats: Which Should You Choose? We recommend using Xon CBD Oil for a precise dosage every time. For picky pups and those that need a boost to their daily CBD regimen, supplement with our Soft Chews!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified healthcare professional.